May 30, 2019
Today we’re joined by Alex Ratner, Ph.D. student at Stanford. In our conversation, we discuss:
• Snorkel, the open source framework that is the successor to Stanford's Deep Dive project.
• How Snorkel is used as a framework for creating training data with weak supervised learning techniques.
• Multiple use cases...
May 28, 2019
In this, the kickoff episode of AI Platforms Vol. 2, we're joined by Adrien Gaidon, Machine Learning Lead at Toyota Research Institute. Adrien and I caught up to discuss his team’s work on deploying distributed deep learning in the cloud, at scale. In our conversation, we discuss:
• The beginning and gradual...
May 23, 2019
Today we’re joined by David Ferrucci, Founder, CEO, and Chief Scientist at Elemental Cognition, a company focused on building natural learning systems that understand the world the way people do. In our conversation, we discuss:
• His experience leading the team that built the IBM Watson system that won on...
May 20, 2019
Today we’re joined by Max Welling, research chair in machine learning at the University of Amsterdam, as well as VP of technologies at Qualcomm, and Fellow at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, or CIFAR. In our conversation, we discuss:
• Max’s research at Qualcomm AI Research and the University...
May 16, 2019
Today we’re joined by Genevera Allen, associate professor of statistics in the EECS Department at Rice University, Founder and Director of the Rice Center for Transforming Data to Knowledge and Investigator with the Neurological Research Institute with the Baylor College of Medicine.
Genevera caused quite the stir at...