Dec 23, 2019
Today we begin our coverage of the 2019 NeurIPS conference with
Celeste Kidd, Assistant Professor of Psychology at UC Berkeley. In
our conversation, we discuss:
- The research at the Kidd Lab, which is focused on understanding
“how people come to know what they know.”
- Her invited talk “How to Know,” which details the core
cognitive systems people use to guide their learning about the
- Why people are curious about some things but not others.
- How our past experiences and existing knowledge shape our
- Why people believe what they believe, and how these beliefs are
influenced in one direction or another.
- How machine learning figures into this equation.
Check out the complete show notes for this episode at twimlai.com/talk/330. You can
also follow along with this series at twimlai.com/neurips2019.